Transport – A pail or a trailer
Photech Environmental Solutions Inc. is a Ministry of Environment (MOE) and United States Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) certified carrier. We service both solid and liquid wastes in compliance with all applicable regulations. Our specially configured vehicles and accessories can accommodate all types of waste material formats, in the most convenient and cost effective matter for your business.
We can service customer requirements as small as a single pail or stage multiple assets as required for large scale disposal projects.
Transportation assets include, but are not limited to:
- 16’ Box Vans, 5 tonne capacity
- 24’ Box Vans, 15 tonne capacity
- 53’ Box Van Trailers, 22 tonne capacity
- Vacuum Tankers, 5,500 gallon stainless steel, dumping vacuum tanker
- Roll-Off Trailers, 2 x 30yrd capacity
Our box vehicles offer:
- Custom fitted with pneumatic systems for bringing air tools and pumps directly your site.
- Hydraulic lifts attached for ground level loading
- Specially designed spill containment systems to ensure that all loads travel securely, in excess of regulatory requirements, to the receiving facility
- A wide assortment of tools, material handling equipment, spill kits and other supplies to assist with any customer challenges onsite
Photech encourages the practices of recycling, reuse or recovery whenever possible with waste materials. By identifying each waste individually during the assessment process, Photech not only ensures that you are provided with the best possible disposal options to protect your health and safeguard the environment, but that any recycling, reuse or recovery options are also presented.
Our knowledge and experience with many recycling initiatives have resulted in savings to our customers and has minimized the volume of wastes that end up in landfills.
Recycling or reuse is often practical with many different waste materials such as:
- Computer/Electronic Components
- Gas Cylinders
- Light Bulbs
- Oil & Oil Filters
The transition in responsibility for managing your company’s waste materials occurs during the servicing of the materials at the customer site. Photech invests a great deal of effort in this process as we believe that this part of our operations is the most fundamentally important step in ensuring the highest levels of safety and compliance throughout Photech’s segment of the waste management process. Our service personnel are trained to the highest level in the industry to make certain that the waste materials are properly identified, packaged and shipped. This attention to detail prevents potentially dangerous non-compliance situations and protects both the customer and Photech from the possible issues that the mishandling of hazardous waste can create.
Technical proficiency is paramount to Photech as a mechanism for achieving the highest possible levels of safety and compliance, but since we do our job extremely well, this is rarely observed. Reliable, timely and efficient service is what most customers notice with Photech.
Tracking & Reporting
Monitoring the movement of waste from “cradle to grave” through the waste management process is important not only for liability issues but to safeguard our environment as well. Many companies now prefer to know the details of their external waste management solution to a granular level. This includes, but is not limited to, details such as timelines, current status, destinations, disposal methods etc.
Photech implements a sophisticated data management system which allows for the detailed tracking of a customer’s waste materials throughout the handling process by Photech and we can even create customized reports to suit individual needs.
In the modern waste management environment, companies operate at a high level of safety and compliance that, almost by default, makes the likelihood of an emergency hazardous materials containment situation comparatively small. The traditional need for an expensive “Emergency Response” provider has diminished significantly as most inadvertent discharge situations are now either handled internally or contained as to not present an immediate threat to human safety or the environment.
With these realities in mind, Photech can offer more economical “Rapid Response” services for incidents that are contained as to not present an immediate threat to human safety or the environment but still require immediate remediation. As well, Photech has networked with the best Emergency Response providers to allow for the escalation of services to a higher level if the circumstances warrant.
Photech can provide the option of expanding our standard waste system assessment to offer a comprehensive waste management system audit.
Proper waste auditing will often save your organization money, increase compliance levels and help the environment. Waste systems auditing quantifies your waste management systems in a formal, structured process.
By evaluating your current waste management practices, Photech can work with you to provide improvements and solutions to suit your requirements.
This could mean:
- Safer handling and storage of waste materials
- Increased regulatory compliance
- Increased environmental stewardship
- Reduction in waste management costs
- Improved information management
- Improved organizational performance
By performing a waste audit, Photech will develop a plan that considers:
- Waste minimization
- Alternate disposal options
- Effectiveness of current system
- Opportunities to improve
The safety and protection of you and your employees is extremely important to us at Photech. We have the experience and practice to teach; you have the power and right to learn.
Photech can offer customized programs to suite your needs, as well as the following general topics:
- Ontario Regulation 347 including Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN)/Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Basic Spill Response in accordance to NFPA
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Confined Space Training
- Confined Space Rescue Training
Photech can evaluate the basic format of your companies waste management practices and provide feedback as to the strengths and weaknesses in the system. This information can often lead to improvements in safety, compliance, environmental stewardship and cost effectiveness.
Photech also offers waste systems auditing, which is a more thorough alternative to the basic assessment procedures.
In addition to the general services provided by Photech, there are also many special capabilities offered to our customers by our team. Years of servicing the waste management industry has allowed Photech to develop and extend our expertise to better address our customers’ needs; some of which include:
- Analytical capabilities to access each situation in a customized manner
- Address up-to-date regulations to reduce liabilities on our customers. By condensing information and understanding our customers’ needs we are able to save them time that would be wasted on trying to understand formal documentation
- Assists our customers with manifests, bills of lading and other necessary documentation
- Training courses for regular occurrence generators to understand the industry in an easy and time efficient manner
- 90 Day Waste Reminder – This reminder is sent out to customers who require regular waste pick-ups. The Ministry of the Environment trusts that those who generate waste accumulate it no longer than 90-days. By sending out this reminder Photech is able to track what companies are due for a pick-up and at what time.